Pandemic safety rules for overnight trips:
- Each trip participant should undergo a test for the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus within 72 hours of the start of the trip. On-campus surveillance testing is available Monday through Thursday. Details may be found at https://together.caltech.edu/cases-testing-and-tracing/covid-19-testing under "On Campus Surveillance Testing Program". If participants are unable to utilize this service, testing would need to be done using off-campus resources.
- Limit eating and drinking while indoors.
- Wear masks at all times while indoors, and while outdoors when physical distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Check for symptoms twice daily.
- Have a plan to transport anyone who may become symptomatic back to their home without other passengers. This includes identifying who would be responsible for driving the symptomatic person. Both the symptomatic person and the driver should take all possible precautions including wearing N-95 masks, traveling with the windows open, maintaining physical distance as much as possible, etc. Report any illness through the Caltech COVID-19 Reporting app.
- If any member of the group interacts with anyone outside the group during the trip, every participant should undergo another test for the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus 3 to 5 days after returning to campus.